Permits, Licenses & Forms
Below are permits, licenses and forms that can be submitted to the city office by hand delivery, fax to 605-598-4290, emailed to Faulktoncity@venturecomm.net, or mailed to City of Faulkton, PO Box 21, Faulkton, SD 57438.
Please don't hesitate to contact our office at 605-598-6515 for questions you may have. Thank you!
Building Permit Application
To obtain a building permit please complete the application below. You may mail, fax, email, or come to our office to submit your application. Once application is received a permit will be completed for you and a copy will be sent to address provide unless otherwise stated.
Cost of building permits are as follow:
- For construction cost under $5000 permit cost is $5.00
- $5001 to $10,000 permit cost is $10.00
- $10,001 to $25,000 permit cost is $15.00
- $25,001 to $30,000 permit cost is $20.00
- over $30,000 permit cost is $25.00
Community Center Lease Agreement
- Please contact the City Finance Officer to reserve the Community Center.
- Cost to rent community center is $200.00 and additional $25.00 for use of the kitchen.
- Non-profit function rates available. Please contact the city office to see if you qualify.
- Deposit is required upon reserving the center and will be refunded back after center is inspected.
Brown Bag Permit
As a reminder: brown bag permits need to be approved by the council before your event. Please give yourself ample time to submit your permit to the Finance Office at least two weeks prior to the upcoming council meeting. As always you can contact the Finance Office for questions.
Building Moving Permit
If you are planning on moving building into the city limits of Faulkton you will need to complete a Building Moving Permit. Permit must be approved by the council prior to moving building.
Application for a pet license are available at the city office. We will need a copy of your vet's record showing rabies shot has been given. Your veterinarian will provide this for your. This is a yearly fee.
Cost for a pet license:
- Non Spayed or neutered pet are $10.00
- Spayed or neutered pet are $5.00
Pet is classified as any domesticated animal, including but not limited to, any dog, cat, rabbit, or other animal made to be domestic.
Bicycle licenses are available at the City Finance Office. This is a yearly fee and cost $1.50