REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing
WORK HOURS: Variable
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoors, physical presence on-site required
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to work quickly and efficiently in an often-times fast pace, emotionally demanding work area.
- Timely and accurate documentation of patient charts
- Complete nursing assessments as required every shift on acute care and swing bed patients, and continually on ER patients
- Participate/facilitate in patient care planning and shift records
- Accurately and promptly transcribe provider orders
- Maintain a safe working environment while complying with infection control
- Implement established nursing policy and procedure, promptly reporting changes in patient conditions that require additional follow-up
- Distribute medications accurately and safely to patients within required time frame
- Provide treatments as necessary to individual patients within required time frame
- Supervise and assign duties for nursing assistants; assist aides as needed
- Comply with standards established by American Nurses Association
- Assist in orientating new employees
- Assist in obtaining extra help as needed
- Attend 75% of staff meetings
- Report non-compliance to Director of Nursing
- Non-compliant employees will receive written reprimand
- Continued non-compliance will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment
- Adhere to dress code; appearance must be neat and clean
- Complete annual/quarterly education requirements in a timely manner
- Report to work on time and as scheduled
- Wear identification while on duty
- Attend annual review
- Work at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with providers, departments, and staff
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire and safety, and infection control
- Comply with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices
- Communicate the mission, ethics, and goals of the facility
- May require work shift of up to 12 hours.
- Sitting: 1-1/2 hours per 12 hour work shift.
- Alternates frequently to walking/standing.
- Standing: 3-4 hours per 12 hour work shift.
- Alternates frequently with waling and occasionally sitting.
- Walking: 4-5 hours per 12 hour work shift.
- Alternates frequently to standing and occasionally sitting.
- Registered Nurse with current SD licensure is required
- Excellent technical, assessment, and documentation skills
- Ability to organize work flow, respond to emergencies, set a professional example, and note to detail
- Possess restorative care philosophy
- Excellent professional skills; both assessment and hands-on
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to measure and utilize basic mathematics
- Deal effectively with patients, public, and co-workers in person and on the telephone
- Must be HIPAA compliant; confidentiality a must